Work-Integrated Education (WIE) is an integral unit of NTU’s Career Attachment Office (CAO) where the unit is responsible for all undergraduate student’s work-integrated educational activities such as internship, interdisciplinary project-based learning and MOE mandated work-study degree programmes. We are presently looking for a leader to undertake a leadership position to lead a team of staff that is responsible of all WIE programmes within the College of Engineering.
The key responsibilities of this incumbent include the following:
- Plan, develop and maintain a sustainable work experiential learning ecosystem with suitable internal and external stakeholders to enable NTU students benefit from their learning experiences.
- Manage end-to-end work-integrated education processes to ensure effective and efficient completion of students required work-integrated education programme requirements in a timely fashion up to completion of the essential assessment process.
- Resolve any internship related issues arising from either students or internship employer(s).
- Seek to implement continuous improvements to help optimize work integrated learning experiences and to be able to do it efficiently.
- Plan and develop suitable work-integrated education initiatives with respective schools to reinforce workplace experiential learning. Provide support to schools during implementation when required.
- Expand and manage relevant stakeholders including faculties, employers and related government agencies for internship opportunities.
- Plan and implement innovation to improve WIE performance and customer experience.
Characteristically, we seek an individual who possess or to be able to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized University, or those with a polytechnic diploma with substantial relevant working experiences may also apply.
- At least 6 to 8 years in team leadership role, internship/training management and service delivery experience preferably in tertiary education, adult education sectors and/or government agencies.
- Have some prior experiences in managing projects or any initiatives within a team, and/or across different teams in an organization.
- A proficient communicator both in oral and written form.
- Proven track record in the management of internships/ cooperative education/ work-study degree programme/ workplace learning/ performance enhancement or adult education highly advantageous.
About the Organization
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).