• Setting strategic direction for medical education programs for the 3M solutions in the Area; Continually identify opportunities to advance program formats and content to meet educational needs and provide “best-in-class” learning opportunities. Own department budget & accountability.
• Oversight of Area led speakers bureau. Adept in working within a speakers bureau model and understanding and navigating associated health care compliance guidelines inclusive of annual needs assessment and monitoring speaker utilization.
• Demonstrating knowledge of pre-clinical, clinical, and economic data, techniques, and educational needs in Area as well as maintain current understanding of general trends in medicine and peer-to-peer education
• Leading, developing and coaching a team with a focus on teamwork, collaboration, and consistency; determining team priorities, timelines and assignments to best support business needs. • Ability to lead team successfully through change.
• Building and maintaining productive long-term relationships with key opinion leaders and faculty; Establishing strong relationships with internal business partners, GMS peers, and other Medical Education Area leads with ability to influence and lead, building long-term relationships that can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes.
• Leveraging advanced problem-solving skills with ability to develop solutions for multi-faceted, interrelated, and complicated problems requiring strong analytical skills and ability to assess core issue(s), analyze data and identify appropriate solutions. Identifying, developing, and refining processes to ensure excellence in execution and maximize efficiency and consistency; ensure any related training needs are developed and delivered to ensure success of processes
• Effectively serve as reliable point of contact and resource for Medical Education within assigned Area as well as corporate partnerships, committees, and teams with regard to overall strategic alignment between Medical Education and company business objectives.
• Demonstrating a strong commitment to both corporate and Global Medical Sciences (GMS) operations, principles, and values. Enthusiastically and actively championing the value of medical education and GMS and how it contributes to the success of the organization.
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
• Seven (7) years of experience in peer-to-peer medical education, with significant in-house (non-agency) experience in a private, public, government or military
• Three (3) years’ experience managing a team with demonstrated success
• Strong understanding of HCC guidelines related to medical education, with a strong knowledge of guidelines around HCP interactions and navigating any at-risk scenarios to minimize risk to the company
• Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and <Insert language>
• Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
• Advanced degree in business, science, or healthcare field
• Familiarity with woundcare space
• Project Management Certification
• Experience working in a matrix organization with diverse cultures and perspectives
• Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, effectively prioritize and remain detail oriented.
About the Organization