• Be present and engaged in every class session. Full-time weekly schedule is Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM. Part-time weekly schedule is Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 PM - 10 PM and Saturday 9 AM - 6:30 PM.
• Hold weekly office hours. Help students with homework and projects, and provide remediation to students who are falling behind.
• Provide feedback on student homework and projects.
• Mentor students, drawing from your own experience. You have the ability to put yourself in the students’ shoes and understand the stress and workload they are experiencing. Use this advantage to both encourage students and be there when they need emotional support.
• Stay in touch with instructors and GA staff. Work alongside the rest of the team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students. Provide them with feedback on how the students are doing, what troubles the students are having, and which students might need additional coaching or are having a difficult time.
• Stay up to date with the class work. This involves being prepared with knowledge of the homework and which topics are currently relevant. If need be, create extra resources and materials to enhance the learning experience.
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. Encourage student participation and student collaboration.
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly Students.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
•You have at least one year of experience in the content area you are applying to IA for (Data Science, Software Engineering or User Experience Design) - Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply if you studied within the relevant field)
• You have a deep understanding of the topics covered in the course. (See the topics outlined for each course here.)
Nice to have: Prior experience as a IA, tutor or mentor.
About the Organization
Who we are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.