The BDM will be business savvy, have strong technical insight, robust relationship development skills and the background necessary to establish credibility and earn trust within the startups/VC/A&I ecosystem and to help further establish AWS as the leading cloud computing platform in the EdTech startup sector. You will identify and track trends to build both solutions and campaigns to enable the AWS EdTech sales teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and technical teams to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry.
• Serve as a key member of the EdTech team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Higher Ed EdTech team
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it is in alignment with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
• Define and size segments, identify and engage target customers, and identify and engage key partners
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
Present business reviews and provide escalation material to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise effectively with the legal group.
• Handle a high volume of special projects, engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
A day in the life
This is a role that will be collaborative and dynamic. Learning on the job about country, regional and global trends and requirements for EdTech startups to flourish, and going back to the drawing board to create and iterate scalable interventions to help our edtech startups grow, transform and scale their business.
- 8+ years work experience, with focus on Education, EdTech, Startups highly valued.
- Ability to operate in Asia, supporting the diversity and dynamism of the region.
- Programmatic mindset with a desire to scale quickly.
- Experience in cloud computing preferred.
About the Organization
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, Earth’s best employer, and Earth’s safest place to work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon.