We are looking for an Account Director who can help us empower Universities & Higher-ed Institutions in APAC to offer the world’s best education to their employees and students respectively. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial sales manager who can prospect, develop, and close large deals in APAC. You should have extensive experience of sales to large enterprises /universities / higher education institutions. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning / training combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s enterprise business.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Create a strategic territory plan and generate new-business revenue from the territory
- Navigate Universities & Higher-Ed Institutions to identify, effectively prospect, develop, and close sales opportunities
- Develop and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against quota
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult, support and manage prospective customers' relationships.
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales
- 10+ years of enterprise sales experience in the APAC market with demonstrated history in higher education/enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to higher education segment, large universities is preferred)
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Track record of establishing senior level, long term client relationships to generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities with strategic accounts.
- Experience of managing meetings with C-suite representatives and key decision makers - President, Rector, Vice Rector, Dean
- Experience working in the higher Ed space in APAC- with demonstrated history showing skills in the Higher education landscape, key influencers, decision making process, budgeting etc.
- Business Fluency in English
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to higher education segment, large universities is essential)
- Proven track record of selling enterprise solutions into large / complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Business written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
- Passion for education
About the Organization
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 97 million registered learners as of Dec. 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.