*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
The appointee will be an experienced academic / faculty member and will join a young, dynamic and growing team of academics. The academic is expected to play an important role in research and research development at the Singapore campus which includes mentorship, guest lecturing and industry engagement.
Applications are invited from candidates in any area of research and practice with expertise in Commercial law and Taxation Law with a focus on Australian practices.
• A leadership role in research training and development.
• Supervision of postgraduate research projects.
• Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
• Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
• Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
• Mentorship of junior academic staff.
• A PhD in Law or a related discipline
• A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
• Success in obtaining research funding.
• Demonstrate the potential for high-quality research activities, as well as the commitment to excellent teaching.
• Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
• Knowledge and Ability to develop industry networks for Research, Teaching & Learning and Service Engagements.
• The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels. While accounting is a specialization we are looking for, candidates should also possess a broader overview in on one or several areas: digital marketing, e-commerce, marketing research, analytics, international marketing, business-to-business marketing, law and supply chain management
• Evidence of academic leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About the Organization
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree. Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.