Reporting to the Dean of Academic Services, the Director of Admissions is responsible for the management of the admissions function to ensure the highest standards of evaluation, compliance to admissions guidelines, processes and requirements. The Director of Admissions oversees the processing of student applications for all programmes offered at Kaplan Singapore and is the primary responsibility holder for ensuring that approved student applications meet the entry criteria for specified programmes. The responsibilities include:
- Ensure all admissions processes and procedures follow CPE”s and EduTrust’s guidelines and reflect industry best practices.
- Responsible for the implementation of a robust checking mechanisms to ensure all applicants meet the stated entry criteria or equivalent.
- Commit to continuous improvement in processes and procedures, and be responsible for regular review and updating of the Admissions operations manual.
- Chair and participate in admissions reviews to ensure 100% compliance with regulations and identify efficiencies to help Kaplan meets its enrolment goals.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure the student management system evolves to meet the needs of admissions.
- Work with university partners and other external stakeholders to drive efficiency and consistency in the admissions process.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s annual budget and ensure effective utilization of available funds and resources.
- Provide leadership to the team and ensure all staff members have the knowledge, training and support to deliver a customer-centred service.
- A university degree in any related field.
- Minimum 10 years of admissions related experience within a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing an Admissions team.
- A proven track record in admissions accreditation and inspections.
- Ability to be decisive and exercise good judgement in key decision-making.
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work effectively.
- Strong and proven team building skills, with the ability to motivate, lead and develop staff.
About the Organization
Kaplan is one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers with over one million students globally. Headquartered in US, Kaplan is part of Graham Holdings (formerly The Washington Post Company) and is its largest subsidiary.
Kaplan in Singapore has students from over 35 countries and regions. As a Lifelong Integrated Learning Partner, we offer over 500 academic programmes for higher learning and professional certification courses for skills development, providing opportunities for individuals to always stay relevant. To date, these opportunities have benefitted over 85,000 graduates.
We have a diverse team of individuals dedicated to our mission to help individuals achieve their educational and career goals, and build futures, one success story at a time. Our core values – Opportunity, Knowledge, Support, Integrity and Results – help guide the way we work.
At Kaplan, we provide a stimulating and professional working atmosphere with plenty of room for initiatives and growth. If you are seeking for challenges and enrichment, we welcome you to write to us!