Assoc Dir / Director, Industry Practice Lead – Government & Education
The Global Industry Practice Group is comprised of practitioners, former regulators, and subject matter experts specializing in risk lifecycle and strategies, insurance risk solutions, AML / financial crime compliance and third-party due diligence, ESG, portfolio optimization strategies, stress testing, transfer pricing, credit analytics, commercial real estate and data solutions.
The Asia Pacific Education & Research sub-segment Lead is responsible for establishing credibility and confidence in Moody’s Analytics’ products and solutions with prospective clients. The Sub-segment Lead will facilitate solution architecture to address our customers use cases based on Moody’s Analytics existing, future and acquired solutions; the Sub-segment Lead will collaborate in the creation of new product offering, its value proposition and architecture, and facilitate market feedback using rapid learning approach to product development; and finally, the Sub-segment Lead plays a critical role in helping define and articulate the growth strategy for Moody’s Analytics in the global Government & Education segment with a specific focus on the Research, Policy Making & Education sub-segment.
Specifically, there are four areas of activities the Sub-segment Lead will be engaged in:
- Driving sales and customer engagement: design market outreach strategy (with sales, marketing and product management teams); serve as a trusted advisor to customers; proactively work with prospective clients through the sales process, providing technical assistance and guidance as required; respond to functional and technical queries of RFIs and RFPs; qualify and lead the Proof of Concept (POC) process in the sales cycle.
- Industry engagement & thought leadership: develop and maintain industry stakeholder relationships; speak at industry events; publish thought leadership; maintain social media engagement.
- Market feedback for product development: translate emerging market themes and regulatory requirements into product requirements to future proof our solutions; identify valuable white space; build business case for product development and improvement.
- Internal education: conduct training sessions on customer use cases, our solution set and emerging trends; serve as an informal coach and expert to product consultants, sales professionals and customer success teams.
- Geographic territory: Asia Pacific & Middle East
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in either the Government or Education segment
- In-depth understanding in any of following subject matters: Statistical Analysis, Macroeconomics, Productivity, Climate Change, Globalization, Economic predictions with Big Data
- Hands-on experience using or implementing research statistical tools (including those from Moody’s Analytics or any other competitor tools)
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen to requirements and business problems in order to respond with the appropriate business answer
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to influence and gain buy-in from skeptics
- Public speaking experience, publications, and/or internal lead on training within an organization are a plus
- Understanding of government procurement or university procurement cycle and proven experience with complex sales cycles is a plus
About the Organization
One leads to the other. At Moody’s, we believe good teamwork gives us an edge. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives to overcome ever-changing market challenges. Join us and let’s move the world forward together.
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.