- Operationalize strategic plans supporting the university’s objectives in admissions to meet changing requirements brought on by revisions in programme offering, policies or curriculum.
- Drive the governance for admission exercise and processes; and ensure that effective processes and procedures for admissions are developed, implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- Direct operational planning for the admissions cluster and the effective deployment of the budgets.
- Oversee appropriate admissions campaigns and increase the intake quality of the University.
- Manage a team towards understanding and grasping the ever-changing trends in student interest, recruitment, and admissions.
- Drive the collaboration and effective relationships between NTU offices, Schools, feeder institutions, local public universities and MOE.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive international marketing strategy while maintaining a strong campus presence.
- Identify high priority areas for improvement, initiating and managing change, in a timely manner, and communicating change effectively.
- Develop, monitor and review budget and resource management to ensure optimal use of expertise, talent and resources.
- Review the effectiveness of existing strategies to ensure the number of enrolments per intake meets the University’s targets and objectives.
- Lead collaborative efforts, events or key activities spanning other administrative departments, colleges, schools and external entities to facilitate the implementation of management decisions.
- Identify and develop staff potential to improve the functional and leadership capabilities of the administrative team through formulation and implementation of effective plan for staff professional development. You will manage staff performance planning, review, appraisal and promotion exercise through developing, coaching, counselling and motivating staff to enhance their work performance and contribution towards the University.
- Lead the review of recruitment, admission and enrolment trends, strategies and issues and initiates new intake and outreach solutions to differentiate the University from its competitors and meet the University’s current and long-term objectives.
- Communicate with key faculties on outreach strategies to develop more outreach programmes with the aim of increasing opportunities for pre-matriculated students to enrol under the University’s professors and researchers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. At least 10 years of relevant staff management experience in higher education sector.
- Administration: Ability to allocate resources, oversees budgets and monitor expenditure to meet the organisation goals.
- Leadership and good people and task management skills.
- Data Analysis and management reporting: Ability to monitor, collect and analyse data to evaluate results, and create reports and/or presentations. Ability to assess the accuracy, validity and integrity of the data. Experience in working with database management applications.
- Manage Work Processes: Ability to measure and evaluate work processes and services to achieve goals. Ability to redesign processes using most appropriate methods and technology to meet or exceed organisational needs. Ability to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Project Management: Ability to coordinate and manage resources as necessary to ensure actions are performed and/or implemented to achieve the results of the project within the timeline.
- Technology Management: Ability to deploy most efficient and cost‐effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve work effectiveness. Ability to develop strategies using new technology to enhance decision making.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Public speaking experience is required.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Analytical and thorough in thinking
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Highly motivated and driven
- Able to work independently and interdependently in a team
About the Organization
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).