The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.Through SCALE, working adults (i.e. professionals, managers and executives) who aspire to stay relevant and ahead of competition, companies looking to up-skill/re-skill their workforce, and even youths exploring quality tertiary education options, have access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class continuing and lifelong education offerings.Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/education programmes, part-time and full-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency. SCALE-Global is a Unit within SCALE that incubates innovative curriculum and delivery structures for our participants, who come from a diverse range of age-groups, countries, and industries. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the building of a unique set-up that seeks to transform the way higher education is delivered. If you thrive in an environment that values disruptive thinking and innovative problem-solving, and would love to do purposeful work that can impact education and employability, join us in our mission to build great products that shapes aspirations and livelihoods!
Academic & Professional Certification
• A good bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a reputable university
• Strong English proficiency, both written and spoken, is essential
• Being conversant in a second Asian language, e.g. Bahasa, Tagalog, or Vietnamese, will be an advantage in managing clients in the region
• Proficient in MS Office, possess basic data analytics skills. Past experience with using CRM systems such as Dynamics 365 would be an added advantage.
Experience & Attributes
• Possess the passion and drive to be part of a mission to transform the way higher education is delivered
• At least two years of business development and/or marketing experience, with proven track record in a fast-paced environment and multiple stakeholder management experience
• Exposure to international executive education or programmes for a pre-university audience. Prior experience in an institute of higher learning would be an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, strong team player, sensitive to different cultures and environments
• A strong desire to win, with the ability to work fast and smart independently
• A keen willingness to continually develop personal and professional skills
• Possess a “can-do” attitude, intellectually curious, highly collaborative, with an entrepreneurial temperament and comfortable to work in a flat, “all hands-on-deck” environment
• Strong project management ability and a keen eye for details to drive multiple work streams and manage stakeholders in diverse settings
• Sensitive to numbers, able to manage budgets, ensure compliance, and analyse the financial impact of key business decisions and actions
• Ability to think on one’s feet, manage and respond to negative situations and problems in a timely and effective way
• Ability to independently conduct market studies, from designing the study, gathering data, structuring quantitative and qualitative analyses to presenting insights and findings to senior management
• Exemplary ambassador of NUS and SCALE and its mission and programmes
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a self-starter – we are a fast-growing business; there will always be unchartered territories and pushing of boundaries – which is part of the fun!
About the Organization
The National University of Singapore aspires to be a vital community of academics, researchers, staff, students and alumni working together in a spirit of innovation and enterprise for a better world. Our singular focus on talent will be the cornerstone of a truly great university that is dedicated to quality education, influential research and visionary enterprise, in service of country and society.
VISION : a leading global university shaping the future
MISSION : to educate, inspire and transform
VALUES : innovation, resilience excellence, respect, integrity