- Be responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy and priorities
- To lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it keeps abreast of latest developments and is aware of external best practice benchmarks
- Put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure compliance and improvement
- Maintain compliance with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
- To plan, develop, implement and evaluate training programmes that meet the learning needs of organisations and individuals
- Develop and lead collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships with other training providers or other bodies
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, the Academic and Examination Boards as well as the Management Committee from time to time
- A strong academic background, with at least a master degree. ACTA or DACE certification is a must
- A successful track record of running an academic department with one or more ATOs or PEIs is highly desirable
- Strong managerial skills and the ability to lead and inspire staff
- Well-developed knowledge of SSG’s Skills Framework, course accreditation application and approval process
- In the know of recent trends in curriculum design such as blended learning
About the Organization
The Singaore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business (SCCIOB) is a non-profit training and education body registered under the Registry of Societies and a subsidiary of the Singaore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI). The institute's history as a training and education provider can be traced back to 1984 when it first started as a Training Centre with governmental aid. It upgraded to its current status, the Institute of Business, in 1996. Importantly, SCCIOB is registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE) and was amongst the first educational institutions who were registered under the Enhanced Registration Framework since 20th May 2010.
SCCIOB with the support of SSG offers a range of programmes that can be broadly classified under leadership & people management, customer service, business management, business mandarin, China Ready programmes and customised corporate programmes. We are the only SSG authorised training organisaton that offers courses in mandarin in addition to english medium of instruction.
Our centres are centrally located next to City Hall MRT and in the west near Jurong East MRT.