- Formulate strategies and action plan for forging partnerships with universities - undertaking research and analysis of markets, as well as trends and developments in international education, to identify opportunities and potential partners, with a focus developing partnerships in Europe
- Manage and grow multinational partnerships for SMU
- Provide management with advice on SMU’s external engagement and international relations, as well as manage incoming visits by partners/higher education institutes, and out-going visits by SMU management
- Formulate strategies/action plans to raise SMU’s global profile, including coordinating and supporting SMU’s participation in international education forums and networks, working with SMU schools, institutes, centres, labs and initiatives to promote and profile their programmes and forums/dialogues
- Post-graduate qualifications or Bachelor Degree in International Relations, International Marketing or fields of study with a global-orientation
- 8 years experience in the international education sector or working on cross-cultural exchanges at the people-to-people level, or in similar field of work
- Proven high level skill in partner and project/event management – working with diverse teams and across cultures to achieve objectives, as well as in business development, analysis and cultural appreciation of foreign countries/markets
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous with an eye for detail and keen appreciation of good documentation
- Ability to manage multiple, competing tasks and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- A good combination of high intelligence, emotional and cultural quotient
About the Organization
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.