Singapore University of Social Science
Learning & Development Specialist (Assistant Manager/Manager)
To provide pedagogical advice, instructional strategies and practical support to content writers in the development and delivery of online courses for students of SUSS as well as for external partners of the university’s UniLEARN initiative.
To conduct training for content writers in course design and development skills to meet the requirements of SUSS and UniLEARN.
• Works with content experts, course developers and multimedia developers to create online courses for teaching and learning in blended fully online learning environments
• Recommends instructionally-sound strategies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning
• Develop learning assets, content and activities
• Develops and conducts e-Learning related training activities
• Participates in e-Learning research and development activities
• Assists in organising and developing e-learning workshops/seminars/talks
• Assists in administrating guidelines/checklists/standards for developing and evaluating e-Learning courses
• Assists in the registration, enrollment and generation of learning analytics and report
• Degree Holder in Educational Technology/Instructional Design for Pedagogy and/or related disciplines
• WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP)
• More than 3 years in instructional design work for pedagogical content preferably for educational institutions of higher learning or/and Continuing Education and Training (CET) sector
• Practical know-how in developing/producing online courses
• Working knowledge of multimedia tools for e-Learning developments
• Excellent people management skills
• Effective project management skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Learning Management System
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, e-Learning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate storyline, Photoshop, video editing and animation skills) as well as mobile/social networking tools and environments
• Mature and independent
• Resourceful and able to take initiative
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences,
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us. The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), as part of SUSS, leads in the field of research on adult and workplace learning and training of adult educators to build capabilities of the training and adult education sector in Singapore and beyond.