Singapore University of Social Sciences
Assistant Manager/Manager (Communications & Partnerships), Node for Inclusive Fintech
The job-holder works with NiFT faculty and leadership to assess areas of need, identify prospective donors and represents the centre in pitching the proposal and ideas to prospective donors, with the purpose of securing philanthropic support.
The job-holder reports to the Centre Lead, NiFT to engage the local and global Fintech community, and secure philanthropic resources to support NiFT in delivering high-quality research, public education, and policy advocacy for inclusivity in the Fintech sector for the benefit of society. The primary role is to develop business relations and fundraise for the centre.
Fundraising: Donor Research, Acquisition, Cultivation, and Stewardship
- Develop donor engagement strategy; including the charting of touchpoints, preparation of proposals, and scheduling of meetings between NiFT faculty and donors
Business Development & Data Management
- Develop NiFT’s network with the Fintech community with the purpose of securing philanthropic support
- Rate donors, and predict giving potential, through existing data points (gift amount, financial and biographical information)
- Manage and update contact database
- Manage fundraising processes, policies & procedures, deadlines, goals, and objectives related to the job responsibilities
- Collaborate with Advancement Office to ensure due diligence in the fundraising process
- Other necessary internal support and duties as required
- Existing relationship with extensive network of Fintech firms and high net-worth individuals in the Fintech sector
- Experience in fund-raising; preference for Fintech related fundraising
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in managing donor database
- Ability to work with different stakeholders to align with SUSS's strategic direction and goals
- Proficiency in reading/writing/speaking in another Asian language is a bonus as the candidate is required to work with overseas partners.
- Recognised degree with at least 5 years' relevant working experience in a managerial position
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences,
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.