To work with the Manager, Student Admissions (SA) to manage matters pertaining to admissions of students, challenge examination (CEX) waiver, credit recognition, student admission systems and IT projects.
- Assist to develop and maintain an effective system for the planning of all administrative operations within the department.
- Assist to structure and maintain the department so as to facilitate effective performance by department staff through optimum delegation and clearly established individual responsibilities and objectives.
- To ensure department staff perform their work effectively towards meeting the established objectives.
- To assess and monitor work in progress and assess work performance of staff towards meeting the established objectives.
- To manage the application and admission process, including processing of applications, course offers and acceptance, and appeals for programmes.
- To manage the process of verifying applicants’ academic data with MOE, local polytechnics and autonomous universities.
- To manage the acceptance of offer process for all selected applicants.
- To manage the course fee payment of new students.
- To monitor accurate and up-to-date statistics on admissions.
- To assist in preparation of any adhoc statistics request by internal or external stakeholders.
- To assist in the review of policies and procedures pertaining to student admissions.
- To develop and maintain an effective and efficient system for application and admission, CEX waiver and credit recognition.
- To review admission systems regularly to incorporate new policies and requirements.
- To liaise with Campus IT Services department on all admissions and related system enhancements and IT projects.
- Co-ordinator role for department events/processes, school, etc.
- Assist with other tasks, duties as necessary or assigned
Assist with University-wide activities as necessary or assigned (e.g. graduation, invigilation, orientation, open house, etc.)
- Degree Holder or GCE ‘A’ Level or Polytechnic Diploma with at least 5 years of working experience, preferably administrative.
- Has some supervisory working experience.
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese will be an advantage.
- PC literate, with Microsoft Office Skills.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and take initiative.
- A good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, warm, friendly disposition
- Resourceful, creative and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.