Singapore University of Social Sciences
Manager, Design, Development & Partnership (Adult Educator Learning and Development)
In this position, you will conceptualise, plan and promote the capability development of the Training and Adult Education (TAE) sector through the formulation of a framework and building a strong network of AE professionals and enterprises to drive adult education excellence. You will report to Deputy Director, Design, Development and Partnership, with the following responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of the Training and Adult Education (TAE) sector, identify in-demand developmental areas and build a strong Adult Educator Network (AEN) and Adult Education Professionalisation (AEP) base which can be mobilised to make an impactful contribution to the TAE community.
- Contribute to the building of a strong value proposition for the AEN and AEP to promote affiliation and active participation to the TAE sector for both individuals and industries.
- Promote the capability development of the TAE community through offering and/or attending Continuing Professional Development programmes, and a series of AEN/AEP membership benefits and activities, in collaboration with the community members, to ensure that the TAE community continually engages in professional development for growth and excellence in the dynamic sectoral environment.
- Work on related initiatives to strengthen TAE quality that include but not limited to possible frameworks, consultancy and assessment tools.
- Track achievement of outcomes through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and sector engagement. Present monthly reports of progress and outcome at various meeting platforms to the relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of initiatives in accordance with organisational standard operating procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Lead a lean Adult Education Learning and Development team in achieving the team’s projects and targets.
- Prepare and execute team budget and workplan to support Institute for Adult Learning's (IAL) strategic direction.
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in the area of education, or adult learning, or a related field such as training and development. At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the adult education sector.
- Having WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), or Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) qualification, Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in establishing partnerships to deliver corporate objectives and key performance indicators, with an open and collaborative mindset to forge partnerships and stakeholder buy-in for new initiatives.
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking and sense-making capabilities to drive innovative capability development initiatives.
- Proven team management capabilities, with strong spoken and written communication, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, engage and motivate staff to achieve organisational goals.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- High EQ and negotiation skills, resilient and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Good team player who is both process and results oriented with excellent project & time management and people-relationship skills.
- Able to take initiative to address challenges and issues at work.
The successful appointee will be based in IAL Campus located at Lifelong Learning Institute at Paya Lebar.
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences,
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.
The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), an autonomous institute of the Singapore University of Social Sciences, is at the forefront of building capabilities and continuing professional development for an effective, innovative and responsive TAE sector.