The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) is looking for a candidate to join as a Research Associate and/or Research Assistant for the project titled Sustainable Future of Urban Logistics in Singapore: A Foresight Approach.
You are responsible for moving forward the research activities of the project to meet the deliverable deadlines. More specifically:
- Environmental scanning (literature review) on urban logistics-related policies, plans, white papers, and foresight studies.
- Conduct social research (interviews, surveys, workshops/focus groups, analysis) to document driving forces of the future of urban logistics.
- Technology scanning to identify technologies that could have a major impact on the future of urban logistics.
- Prepare reports, academic manuscripts, and presentations to communicate findings.
- Have experience in conducting research including literature review, presentation, and report writing.
- Preferably have a degree in transportation engineering, civil engineering, supply chain management, urban planning, or public policy.
- Good communication skills to liaise with various stakeholders involved in the project
This position is one year in length, with the potential for extension (up to 3 months). This position is not for remote working, the research assistant/associate is expected to be working from SUSS.
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences,
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.