The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library invites resourceful, service-oriented and self-directed individuals to apply for the position of Senior Executive. You will provide administrative/ operational support to the Library and be responsible for the procurement of library and non-library resources and services. Working closely with the Senior Manager and Director, Digital Library Services (DLS), you will also be involved in the development of initiatives to support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
The successful applicant will work in a lean team environment and is responsible for the following:
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day administrative and logistical requirements within the Library, including tracking progress on projects, planning and organising meetings, training sessions and other departmental events/activities, and maintaining office documents/records and equipment.
- Perform budgetary, financial and procurement tasks, including sourcing/ renewing, order placement, receipt and invoice processing, fund and vendor management, and the monitoring and reporting of expenditures. Assist in developing and tracking budgets.
- Develop, maintain and update departmental policies, procedures and systems, and ensure quality, operational efficiency and compliance with University policies.
- Serve as primary administrative contact between DLS and other departments in SUSS.
- Lead and/ or participate in special projects and initiatives.
- Provide secretariat support for meetings.
- May work some evenings and weekends.
- Perform other departmental and organisational duties as necessary or assigned.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Recognised degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in library acquisitions, serials, procurement, business administration, management or related fields, preferably in an academic environment.
- Experience working with library management systems (e.g., Alma) and finance systems (e.g., SAP) would be an asset.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office, and web-based tools.
- Familiarity with budget planning, human resources and customer service procedures.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and professionalism in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently as well as foster teamwork and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to build new and expand existing knowledge and skills.
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences,
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.