The security engineer plays a vital role in keeping the University's proprietary and sensitive information secure. He/she is responsible for the security of the University's digital assets as well as protect it from unauthorized access. This includes securing both cloud-hosted and on-premise infrastructures, filtering out suspicious activities and mitigating risks before breaches occur.
- Configure and support network equipment and security appliances (firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS)
- Monitor the University's networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
- Administer the Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) system
- Conduct security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis
- Identify/Troubleshoot fault and performance issues during an outage
- Perform internal security audits and tests
- Assist in the development of security standards and best practices for the University
- Prepare reports which include assessment findings, outcomes and logs review
- Assist the Manager/Director in all other assigned duties
- Assist in the general administrative function of the department
- Participate in university-wide events
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent (preferably cybersecurity related)
- Security certifications such as CISSP or equivalent will be an advantage
- At least 3 years experience in security-related administration, planning, implementation or operation
- Experience managing security appliances in an enterprise environment that include: firewall, IDS/IPS, assessment and scanning tools
- Experience in managing SIEM systems (logging from various platforms)
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (routers, switches, TCP/IP)
- Experience with different platform technologies (Windows, Linux)
- Experience with security technologies (IDS, IPS, FW, AV, Proxies, DLP, PKI, TLS, SSL, VPN)
- Able to take challenges, work independently or as a team, and be self-driven to learn new technologies
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unexpected demands
About the Organization
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education, and transforming society through applied social sciences. We develop students and alumni to be work-ready and work-adaptive, aspiring to reach their full potential, through our 3H's education philosophy – 'Head' for professional competency with applied knowledge, 'Heart' for social awareness to meet the needs of the society, and 'Habit' for passion towards lifelong learning.
We offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Our programmes and courses are offered by our five schools:
1. School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences
2. School of Business,
3. S R Nathan School of Human Development,
4. School of Law, and
5. School of Science and Technology.
To date, over 42,000 graduates have experienced our unique brand of education, and each year, over 17,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with us.