Teach For All is looking for a dynamic and strategic leader to support a diverse group of network and prospective partner organizations in the Asia Pacific region. As a Network Engagement Director, you will steward Teach For All engagement with 4-6 of the region’s partner organizations and prospective partner CEOs, working to build and deepen relationships and collaborations across the region. You will serve as an overall strategic resource to these partner organizations, diagnosing needs and opportunities, consulting on strategic challenges, and mobilizing network resources for shared impact. The right candidate for this position will have a proven ability to work effectively across different contexts and cultures, navigating ambiguity with ease, and will have experience making sound strategic decisions that drive impact in complex and changing environments. This person will have deep familiarity living and working in the region, must reside and be authorized to work in the region, and will report to the Head of Region, Asia Pacific.
Current Teach For All partners in the Asia Pacific region include Teach For Australia, Teach For Bangladesh, Teach For Cambodia, Teach For China, Teach For India, Teach For Japan, Teach For Malaysia, Teach For Nepal, Ako Mātātupu (Teach First New Zealand), Teach for the Philippines, Teach For Thailand, and Teach For Vietnam. In addition, the Asia Pacific team is supporting several entrepreneurs in additional contexts across the region, for example in Indonesia, Mongolia, and Sri Lanka, who are seeking to become partners of the Teach For All network. The Network Engagement Director will be joining our efforts to support these partner organizations and prospective partner organizations as part of our Asia Pacific regional team, which aims to grow the capacity and impact of Teach For All’s work across the region overall.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years full time work experience, including at least 5 years of work experience in the Asia Pacific region. Experience working in multiple country contexts across the region is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with one of our network partner organizations, either as a participant or staff member is strongly preferred.
- Previous and successful experience in building and growing effective private and public partnerships and/or with fundraising is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and ability to reside and work in the region long-term is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to understand and lead in alignment with Teach For All’s vision, core purpose, intended outcomes, unifying principles and theory of change
- Ability to be highly visionary, strategic, and analytical
- Exceptional relationship building skills, including the ability to build rapport and engage effectively with individuals and organizations from a diversity of backgrounds, contexts, and working styles, and influence and motivate others through both formal and informal authority
- Ability to deeply understand multiple local contexts quickly as well as demonstrate strong judgment and flexibility in complex, ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to work effectively within an fast-paced, results-oriented, and adaptive environment, by demonstrating strong operating instincts, prioritization skills and judgement
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues globally, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e. conference calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools), and regular calls during non-traditional working hours
- Ability to be generative and independently driven towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Deeply committed to the vision, mission, and values of Teach For All: Sense of Possibility, Locally Rooted and Globally Informed, Constant Learning, Diversity & Inclusiveness, and Interdependence.
- Professional Fluency in English is required (written, spoken, reading).
- Professional Fluency in one or more additional languages from across the region is strongly preferred.
About the Organization
Teach For All (www.teachforall.org) supports and connects a global network of independent organizations working around the world to ensure that every child has access to an equitable and excellent education. Each organization in the network, conceived and launched by a local entrepreneur, enlists its nation’s most promising leaders to teach in high-need areas for two years, and, in the long-term, drive systemic changes from within and outside of the education sector.
Teach For All is catalyzing an international movement to expand educational opportunity. At the center of this network, Teach For All plays a unique role: it helps local organizations overcome common challenges by providing direct support services and serving as a hub for the exchange of best practices. In addition to delivering support to local organizations, Teach For All maximizes local impact on educational need by directly connecting the teaching participants and alumni of its international network programs through conferences and online forums.