The Director, Education Services South East Asia and Korea (SEAK) will manage, develop and lead the Learning Services business in SEAK. The role is expected to grow the Customer Education Business by increasing number of students trained and certified across the GEO. This includes working in partnership with the Field Sales Organization and Channel Organization while implementing the global strategy along with curriculum and initiatives. The role is fully responsible for the direct and channel business in SEAK, has full P&L responsibility and manages a team of full-time employees and contractors
Key Focus Areas:
• Drive, implement and increase Learning business, proliferation and long-term strategic goals for Learning in SEAK
• Develop a business partnership with the SEAK leadership team and enhance the strategic relevance of education and learning in within the SEAK GTM.
• Develop strong relationships with our Regional & Global Training Partners to incrementally grow the customer education business.
• Influence uptake of new delivery models for the region
• Build a strong relationship with the APJ Education team to ensure that the Education business in SEAK has its interests represented.
• Instrumental in discussions around localization and local adaptation of the roadmap for learning products
• Plan and execute strategies to increase adoption of VMware technologies across the region
• Ensure adherence to contractual agreements, and work with legal to ensure localization of global rollouts in line with local laws.
• Ensure execution quality and instructor capability towards achieving mandated customer satisfaction and feedback scores.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• At least 10 years’ experience in Education P&L Management within an IT Software organization.
• At least 5 years of responsibility managing a multi-lingual and multi-cultural team.
• A proven track record of growing an Education Business across a region.
• A proven track record of key KPI results.
• A strong background of both external customer training.
• A proven track record of working with Education delivery and sales Training Partners.
• Financial Management able to effectively manage Cost, Revenue and Margin.
• Good commercial awareness, able to structure commercial arrangements with the support of our legal department and within the bounds of our legal requirements.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent understanding of technology and relating the value to a customer’s business requirements. Although not a technologist, the candidate will be able to understand the technical issues surrounding VMware products and technologies.
• A firm understanding of the channel eco-system including Systems Integrators, Distributors & OEMs.
• Be a natural team player and have a desire to work with others for broader success.
• Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated and persistent.
Key Performance Measurements
• SEAK education revenue, margin and bookings.
• Numbers of students trained and certified.
• Training growth across multiple methodologies, channels (direct and partners) and regions.
• Integration of education in license engagements thereby increasing customer investment in training.
• Drive long term strategic relationship with customers with the help of Education managers and Channel management
Desirable Personal Characteristics
• Drive, Passion, Curiosity
• Honest with High Integrity
• Team Player
• Strong Leadership
• Focused and Committed.
• Planning & Organising.
About the Organization
VMware is a leading provider of multi-cloud services for all apps, enabling digital innovation with enterprise control.At the heart of everything we do lies the responsibility and the opportunity to build a sustainable, equitable and more secure future for all. Since our founding in 1998, our employees and partners have been behind the tech innovations transforming entire industries. Today, we continue to cultivate a culture of innovation where curiosity meets execution. We work to harness the next wave of innovation and solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies, like edge computing, AI, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes, and more.