AWS EdTech Startup Guide
31 May 2021
In Education Technology
7 Trends For EdTech to Navigate 2021 & Beyond:
Online & Distance Learning: Demand for online and distance learning exponentially increased as a result of the pandemic. Even though students will eventually return to the classroom, hybrid learning opportunities are here to stay.
2. Rapid Innovation: EdTech is quickly growing and innovation needs to be at the forefront as education models shift.
3. Market Expansion: Setting up foundations that can scale globally from the start will help set you up for success as your company scales and expands.
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML): Integrating AI and ML can help you reduce costs, increase your reach, provide accessible options to your customers, and improve student outcomes.
5. Accessibility & Inclusion: Incorporating different ways to engage with your product such as speech to text, or text to speech, provide opportunities for neurodiverse learners to access your solution.
6. Social Emotional Learning (SEL): SEL considerations are critical to support students during and coming out of the pandemic, and educators are being asked to incorporate into their lesson plans.
7. Fundraising: As EdTech budgets become larger, it’s important to understand the different types of funding available to your startup.