The roles’ primary responsibility is managing and improving the quality of education delivered at GESS by driving academic excellence in consideration of the requirements of the different curricula (German Abitur and International Baccalaureate) and overseeing teaching standards for both.
The ideal candidate is a qualified and experienced international teaching professional, an IB Specialist and ideally with experience in the German education system, along with the following key areas of expertise, knowledge and experience:
· A high degree of fluency in English and ideally German
· International Schools experience with working knowledge of the IB/GCSE/MYP/Abitur
· Educated to Degree Level, minimum Masters (or equivalent)
· Qualified Teacher status with a minimum of 10 years’ teaching experience
· Proven leadership experience in a senior educational leadership role of min 5 years.
· Proven ability to develop opportunities for parental involvement
· Good understanding of educational quality management and its role in relevance for the quality of performance in international schools
· Proven understanding of effective teaching and learning theory and practice
· An excellent understanding of contemporary international educational policies and best practices
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is excited to announce a newly created position of Academic Director. Reporting into, and working alongside the Principal, the Academic Director has a whole school remit in leading the pedagogical sections of GESS. The Academic Director is part of the Senior Leadership team.