- Engage with prospective university partners via organic lead development, paid lead development and cold call outreach.
- Develop relationships with university leaders on campuses Emeritus looks to develop new business opportunities on.
- Develop, refine and present detailed financial proformas to prospective partners and creating economic agreements that are “win-win” for both university and Emeritus.
- Create transition plans for hand-off of new partnerships from the business development team to the program partnership team.
- Identify new business opportunities in the degree and non-degree market.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows, as assigned and needed, to generate business intel and business development opportunities.
- Meet regularly and effectively with key decision makers at assigned portfolio of university partners
- Drive and manage strategic planning discussions with university partners
- Work with heads of businesses internally to determine new growth opportunities in various product areas
- Collaborate across different functions at Emeritus to ensure new courses get to market successfully
- Track and be accountable for progress towards development of new courses as per the company’s annual plans
- Work closely with the university program managers to ensure excellent partner experience of ongoing courses/programs
- At least 6+ years work experience in business development within higher education, experience in education technology/online learning
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy
- Collaborative approach both internally and externally, with experience working across a global team
- Strong analytical skills
- Broad understanding of education market and ability to identify new opportunities in online courses
- Excellent presentation skills
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80 countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of the Eruditus Group has more than 1,400 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai.